As with all new software, you will need to familiarize yourself with our provided ordering and product database. XMLShop gives you a training site, which functions the same as the program you will be using. By providing a restore button you can add products and preferences without the fear of anything going wrong, and learn through using our actual technology. In addition there are some products, categories, and orders in the program already, so you can see the way it functions correctly. Below is a list of pages found on the platform and a brief description of their function, for quick referencing.
- The Restore button is found on the top right corner of the site.
- The training website can be found here: http://training.shopxml.biz/admin/
(contact us for username and password)
- When you update a product there is a delay in the amount of time it takes to update on the webmasters page. We have created a website to demonstrate this. It will update itself with whatever you edit/add. The products already listed in the provided training base are on the site as well. Once you have added some things place some test orders and you will see them come up in the database. To view this test website visit this url: http://training.shopxml.biz/admin/
- Where product information is found, added, and updated. It is located on the top left.
- The first page you see when logging in is the Products/Product list page found under catalog
- If you go to catalog>Products> you will see Product list, and add new product
- Catalog> Product Categories- Set up items related to each other. I.e. Category: Shoes. Subcategory: boots, sneakers, sandals, high heels, etc.
- Catalog>Manufacturers- Add, edit, and delete brands
- Catalog> Discount Coupon- Create/manage coupon sales
- Catalog>Additional Product Lists- To create categories no visible on site
- Example items eligible for coupons that are not in same categories
- All out going procedures can be found here. From Orders to Email Marketing
- First page is the Orders page
- Shop>Orders- Where all orders either new or already shipped can be found
- Top left hand field can be used for searching for past orders
- "Process all new Orders" for printing shipping labels
- "Get CSV Address File" allows you to export the address to alternate system/Excel
- Bottom of this Page Displays orders
- Shop>Orders> Make New Order- Directs you to your website
- Shop> Order Statistics- Statistics of products ordered
- Shop> Product Sale Statistics- View amount of orders for individual items
- Shop>Mailing>Mailing- For E-mail marketing to past customers
- Shop>Mailing>Mail Template- Create E-mails and save them for future use
- Where payment, order and shipping options can be edited, added, or deleted
- Settings> Order Settings- Set up E-mail notifications for new orders coming in
- Settings> Payment Systems- Update login information, turn on manual processing
- Settings> Shipping settings- Create and update shipping options
- Free Shipping Levels
- Shipping companies
- Max Shipping Weight